We enjoyed an afternoon on the lake today on the boat. Derek and Jenna both road in the tube we pulled behind the boat. We were going maybe 4 miles per hour. They loved it. Dylan even caught a few cat naps in the boat. The weather was amazing. After we spent some time in the boat we played in the water. Derek was swimming like a fish. He was using this really strange punching action with his arms but he got where he wanted to go. Days like this make me love living in the UP a little more.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Top 10 Great Memories from Chicago
1. Spending time as a family. It was wonderful to spend the day enjoying each other and not worrying about all the other jobs around the house.
2. The Kids Questions. One of my favorite questions was when we got to Chicago, Derek asked "Is this the real Chicago?"
3. Being in the City. After spending almost 7 years in the UP, I always find it a nice treat to be in the city. Dustin's great at city driving, so traffic was not a concern.
4. The Attractions. We visited the Museum of Science and Industry, the Shedd Aquarium, and Adler Planetarium. My favorite was the Shedd Aquarium. The kids loved each of them. The hands on exhibit at the museum and the planetarium were wonderful.
5. New Experience for the Kids. The highlights included a taxi ride and seeing skyscrapers, as well as parking underground. Jenna thought that was really neat.
6. Reading. I finished a complete novel. It was lovely not to have to do the dishes after a fun filled day and enjoy a book instead.
7. Shopping. Trader Joes and Ikea. My husband is super. He spent 3 hours lost in Ikea with the kids.
8. Safe and Happy Travels. Overall the kids did great on the 7 hour drive.
9. Eating out. Not having to cook was a nice little break from the normal routine.
10. Memories to last a lifetime.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Summer Memories of 2010
The weather has been perfect for the garden but has been causing us to mow a little more than normal for the time of the year. We been able to have lots of beach days. The water temperature is much warmer than normal.
The kids have been taking swim lessons at the Y. The difference is wonderful to see. Derek and Jenna are both jumping off the side and swimming with the noodles. Next step is going under the water.
The blueberries are simply amazing this year. We have picked about 4 gallons. Blueberry picking is one of my favorite summer night activities. We have 5 small patches on the property which are great for picking berries for breakfast or for a snack.
We had a wonderful visit with our good friends Andrew and Becky. The kids really enjoyed having company. The guys got to golf a couple rounds, we took them to Pictured Rocks and enjoyed catching up after 4 years.
They brought there dog Dexter along for the visit. Hopefully we will be able to visit them again soon.